Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What is the Wicket Gate?

The Wicket Gate is the entrance to the straight and narrow path that Christian follows on his way to the Celestial City in Bunyan's classic Pilgrim's Progress.

Christian knows he has a heavy burden of Sin and he doesn't exactly know how to get rid of it. He initially tries to come to Christ by way of Mt. Sinai and the Law. He also tries to climb the wall separating the City of Destruction from the land of the King, but its not until he passes through the Wicket Gate with the help of Good Will (aka Jesus) that he finds release from his heavy sin burden.

I hope this blog is a place where I can come to Jesus by His means and not by my own. That I may stay on the straight and narrow and eventually hear "...well done, my good and faithful servant..." from my Master and Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment