Monday, February 9, 2009

Proverbs 12

Some really great verses in this chapter. I mean I know the whole Bible is great verses. But this week these few really jumped out at me.

4 A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.
It is so key to get the right wife. the imagery is so true too. The right woman you want to display so everyone can see her. A crown has different jewels, different facets that you want to show off. I want to show people the different things about my wife that are so great. A crown is the last thing you put on. It is the completing feature. The right woman completes a man. The wrong one rots you from within. She breaks down your infrastructure as she leads you astray, sapping the strength and stability that your bones should be providing.

15 The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.
This verse really shouts at me, especially this week its calling to me to consider and follow. I know when I'm in a rut either spiritually, at work, or at home, that I'm convinced that I'm right. The wise man listens to advice. He first of all is in a position to hear it. I'm usually not. My ears are stuffed up with my own voice instead of someone else's. Or what about when I'm about to commit a sin, and I get that little reminder that it would be better not to do that thing. That's the Spirit providing wise advice. I should listen and avoid the trouble.

28 In the way of righteousness is life, And in its pathway there is no death.
In righteousness is life. Not death. This makes me think of Christ. His perfect righteousness eliminated death. Think of it. The very thing we mortals fear most. Destroyed eliminated by someone else's righteousness. Oh how this verse could condemn me if it was my righteousness. Praise God for His Son, that its He who earned it perfectly instead of me working myself to the bone to possibly have enough, and never attaining...

No comments:

Post a Comment