Monday, March 2, 2009

Proverbs 16:5 - The punishment of the Proud

5Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD; Assuredly, he will not be unpunished.
I know whenever someone rejects my kindness I get grossly offended. I'm not saying I'm God of course, just trying to connect with why He would feel this way. I know I don't ever want to be intensely averse to or loathed and detested by God. Especially since people in that category are sure to be punished according to this verse. I feel quite sad for those who's pride gets the better of them, and pray that they would be turned around.

This verse tells me to get humble about my sin problem quick, and come to the One who has solved the problem, instead of trying to solve it myself over and over. I also see this as a warning to those in the 'intellectual elite' that make it their business to arrogantly assume there is no God. Praise to Him that I, who struggles with arrogance constantly, have been saved despite myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment