Sunday, June 13, 2010

Email Apologetics 1

This starts a series of posts where I'm interacting with a friend of mine's dad. Its a great exchange. I hope you can benefit from this exchange as I have. I'll post the emails one at a time. I'm sanitizing the names. The first is from my friend.

From: Doug's Friend
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2010 8:33:40 PM

Subject: new question from Dad
Hi Doug (and Dad),

Just spoke with Dad on his way home from a weekend down the shore. I let him know that he has some e-mail waiting in his inbox. Dad asked another question:

"Does God know the future?"

This is clearly the leading question that an open theist (like Greg Boyd) would ask. My Dad remarked that if God does not know the future then "it gets Him off the hook" for alot of stuff.

I'll say this now: it's absolutely unorthodox. It is aberrant teaching in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment