Sunday, October 18, 2009

Loved this video

As I said in the last post I had sort of a rough summer. One of the things that God used to snap me out of it was this video. It's a little long (9 min), but it is very very worth your time.



The key point in the video is around 4:24-4:32 where the 'God' character says to the 'me' character "I made you good, so be good."

This is so true. I always want like a 5 step plan to get back to God. Or some special event that I should be doing to get Him to love me again. Really it comes down to repenting and obeying. Again at 4:52-5:05 the 'me' character confesses that he is always letting God down. The 'God' character says, "no its not you holding me. I hold you up. I'm the one that holds this relationship together" Amen.

Its hearing this that makes me want to give over to Him my anxiety and weakness. This is why I want to worship God. This is why I want to give my life to Him. Because He condescends to love and lift me up. I can't understand why He is so great and kind to me. I just want to praise Him in response.

p.s.
Time 3:47 is great too. That's where the Gospel is first laid out. I'm sort of tearing up as I watch the video again so that I can write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment