Monday, August 3, 2009

Overcome People's Assumptions (even my own)

Just finished watching GATTACA again. I've always liked this movie for its portrayal of Vincent and his desire to overcome what everyone in his life thought he was incapable of. It encourages me to work hard, to not give up, to be remembered for the people I've impacted and how they have changed the world, not to be remembered just for myself.

May God fulfill His plans by using me. I want my life to count for something. I want to reflect something greater than myself. In fact, not just some personless thing, but the Person. I know God is the ultimate expression of perfection and glory. I want to hitch my cars to His train. I want to submit to Jesus' leading. To go where He calls, no matter the cost.

Oh Lord, give me the strength to abandon my grip on my life.

Its yours anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment