Wednesday, August 5, 2009

JQA sets the standard for faithful service

"On the integrity of my Intentions, and on the aid of that Gracious Heaven which never has deserted me, I must rely. I pray for clearness of intellectual vision to see the right path - for the necessary courage to pursue it; and for the Fortitude and the Temperance to bear with equanimity the vicissitudes of its Fortunes, whether adverse or propitious. Grant, O God, that I may do good to my Country and to Mankind! And deal with me, and mine, if it be thy gracious will, in Mercy."
John Quincy Adams 11 July 1809 Quoted from: the MHS beehive blog.

I pray the same for me in my service to my family and my job. I know our early country had a lot of issues to deal with. But hearing the Godly way that the Adams family trusted in the Lord for sustenance and success, makes me long that our current leaders would be able to openly express their trust in He who is able as well.

I look forward to meeting the Adams family and praising the Lord for eternity with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment