Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Devotion for Vacation

I'm heading out for vacation this next week and I'll be accompanied by a portion of my home group. I'm excited to get to know each other better and to worship the Lord together. It won't be exactly a 'retreat' but there's no reason why we can't be united in the Lord during our time.

To that end I've been searching for a passage to study that would talk of God's mercy from the Old Testament as well as be an encouragement for getting through our busy lives, while trying to submit to the Lord. I think I've settled on Psalm 25. Here's verses 6 & 7 talking about God's mercy to us, not for our sake, but for His. What an amazing God He is.

6 Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old. 7 Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your asteadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment