Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pursue Kindness Instead of Honor

Proverbs 21:21
"Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor."

In the business world, this verse seems backwards. It would appear that if I pursue strength of position, knowledge of my craft, and wisdom of how to move up the ladder, that I will move up well. Instead this verse clearly says to pursue righteousness and kindness, and life and honor will be supplied.

How can I pursue righteousness and kindness at work? If I can deliver what I say I will deliver, when I say I'll do it, that will be righteous. If I make extra sure that I'm not defrauding the company by wasting time, that will be righteous. If I can take extra time with people who frustrate me, that will be kind. If I sacrifice for others that will be kind.

I want life and honor. I will be righteous and kind to get them.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting final thought. It sounds too much like an equation to me. I think God wants you to change your thought process, and then righteousness and honor follow. It is not just check 2 boxes and then you will achieve your goal of righteousness and honor.

    ReplyDelete